Experienced Guidance for Parents Seeking Custody Modification

As time passes, things change, including your career, relationships, and the needs of your children. Often, these changes are for the better. Unfortunately, as these factors evolve, your child custody order does not.

If you have encountered challenges with your current custody arrangement, for any reason, it may be possible to alter the terms. I’m attorney Megan Rachel, and I’m here to help. With nearly 30 years of experience in family law matters, I have the knowledge and skill needed to help you pursue a custody modification as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Comprehensive Guidance Throughout the Child Custody Modification Process

I offer comprehensive guidance at each step in the process of modifying a child custody order including:

  • Requesting a modification: The first step in modifying a custody order is to file a request with the courts. This involves the completion of specific paperwork and gathering documentation for the reasons the arrangement should be changed.
  • Demonstrating cause for the modification: Family law courts require demonstrable reasons to modify a custody order. Without valid reasoning, your custody order will likely go unchanged.
  • Implementing a new order: If the court agrees to modify the custody order, you have the opportunity to work with your former spouse to develop a new arrangement. If an agreement cannot be reached, the court will issue a new order, which must be adhered to by both spouses.

What Does the Court See as Valid Reasons for a Custody Modification?

In most cases, the court requires a significant cause to consider a custody modification request. In the eyes of the court, significant causes include:

  • Parental relocation
  • School or educational changes
  • Change in employment
  • Special needs
  • Violence or abuse
  • Substance abuse issues
  • Failure to exercise parental rights or rights of possession

If any of these situations apply to you, I can help you pursue a modification of your custody order. On your behalf, I handle the various steps in the process, including completing and filing the necessary paperwork to request a modification hearing and working with your former spouse’s attorney to negotiate a more feasible custody arrangement moving forward.

Contact Me to Learn More About Modifying a Child Custody Order

With nearly 30 years of experience handling child custody matters, I have the skills and knowledge needed to help you pursue a modification of your current custody arrangement. Contact me online or call 972-426-2637 to schedule a consultation today.

The Cities We Work In

  • Location1
  • Location2
  • Location3
  • Location4